Use the web to research items 1 - 6. The links to the websites are found at the bottom of this page. When you go to each of these websites, read the articles carefully in order to collect your information and data. Each member of the team will need to collect the information and make his/her own charts or illustrations.
1. What is a butterfly? What are its characteristics? Make a small poster showing the butterfly's anatomy.
2. Butterflies have predators. What is a predator? List several predators of butterflies.
3. Butterflies are a part of the food chain. What is a food chain?
4. Make overheads illustrating the following:
5. During what season or seasons of the year might you observe the butterflies you chose and the monarch butterfly?
6. Name three plants that might be in our outdoor classroom as food source for your butterflies.
Links to Web Resources:
Butterfly Gardening and Conservation
All About Butterflies